AS-File Crypt 6.0 - Encrypt files with Salsa20, ChaCha20 or HC-256.
Screenshot of AS-File Crypt 6.0
Encryption program for files that uses Salsa20, ChaCha20 or HC-256 with a 256-bit key. The program creates an encrypted (password protected) copy of any file and the program can later be used to decrypt (restore) the original file.
- The program can integrate with Windows which means that you can right-click on a file and choose "AS-File Crypt" in the menu. (The integration feature is activated from the File menu. This is a non-portable feature.)
- The speed is measured during each encryption / decryption operation and the program will display the results for you when it's done.
- This encryption program makes use of a key strengthening algorithm which delays the final encryption key for a few seconds, this increases the security.
- The program stores an encrypted checksum of the original file, which is verified at decryption.
- You don't need to enter the password twice, instead you can press [F12] if you want to show or hide the password.
> Download AS-File Crypt 6.0 (Zip, 1.13 MB)
Revision Date: See file date.
Unicode Support: Yes.
Program Type: Portable, x64.
Operating System(s): Windows 7 (SP1+), 8.1 and 10. (Also Windows Server 2012 R2 and 2016.)
Language(s): English and Swedish.
This is the program's official website - download the program here to get the latest version/revision. The program is free.
Save the downloaded program if you have information encrypted with it. I do not guarantee compatibility between different versions/revisions of the program.
Approximately 32 MB/sec. (Intel Core i3-2120)
Information regarding the integration feature
If you have User Account Control (UAC) activated you have to run AS-File Crypt as Administrator in order to add/update or remove the integration feature. This can be done by right-clicking on the EXE file.
Check out AS-Text Crypt 6.0.