Free programs for Windows by Andreas Jönsson
AS-Text Crypt 6.0 - Encrypt text with Salsa20, ChaCha20 or HC-256.
Screenshot of AS-Text Crypt 6.0
Encryption program for text that uses Salsa20, ChaCha20 or HC-256 with a 256-bit key. Encodes the encrypted information for easier handling.
- In addition to offering HEX, there are also two other encoding methods, one with only letters and one with only symbols.
- Can be used to only encode the text, then leave the field password blank.
- Detects whether there are illegal characters (characters that don't belong to the encoding method) at decoding / decryption.
- This encryption program makes use of a key strengthening algorithm which delays the final encryption key for a few seconds, this increases the security.
- The program compresses the text to increase the security.
- The program stores an encrypted checksum of the compressed original text, which is verified at decryption.
- You don't need to enter the password twice, instead you can press [F12] if you want to show or hide the password.
> Download AS-Text Crypt 6.0 (Zip, 1.15 MB)
Revision Date: See file date.
Unicode Support: Yes.
Program Type: Portable, x64.
Operating System(s): Windows 7 (SP1+), 8.1 and 10. (Also Windows Server 2012 R2 and 2016.)
Language(s): English and Swedish.
This is the program's official website - download the program here to get the latest version/revision. The program is free.
Save the downloaded program if you have information encrypted with it. I do not guarantee compatibility between different versions/revisions of the program.
Check out AS-File Crypt.
Copyright © 1998-2019, Andreas Jönsson. All rights reserved.